August 30, 2018

OLD AGE BRINGS US NEARER TO HEAVEN...



     It's been said that when you're seventy your vital juices are prune. For Dagwood, all the meat and cheese have been replaced with a pile of pills. 
     An E. H. Chapin remarked,"An aged Christian with the snow of time on his head may remind us that those points of earth are whitest that are nearest heaven." 
     In the meantime be sure to be saved by God's grace through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. He said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”  (John 11:25-27).
     Though I die, I live? Yes, for the Christian to die is gain and to be present with the Lord. No wise Christian ever wished to be younger. 

- dick christen