August 23, 2018

WATCH OUT FOR FLYING ARROWS.....

     On my walk I noticed a peculiar sign. It read: WATCH FOR FLYING PROJECTILES. I was next to a golf course. But, I mused, all projectiles fly. That's what the word denotes. If the projectile is grounded you wouldn't have to watch for it. So, I'll go back tonight and paint over the word "flying." It'll simply read WATCH FOR PROJECTILES or GOLF BALLS IN THE AIR. I'm just kidding. 
     But then I thought of this verse in the passage outlining the Christian's armor. Ephesians 6:16 "...in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish ALL THE FLAMING ARROWS of the evil one." 
     These demonically empowered projectiles constantly whiz toward us. To ward them off we must take up (our responsibility) the shield of faith. Like Enoch of old, we must walk with our God, looking to Him, reading His Word, depending on Him, pleasing Him, praying, etc., etc.
     In short, it's the walk of faith. Such is our daily protection and must be our moment by moment alertness........The Apostle put it this way: "We walk by faith, not by sight." 

- dick christen