July 16, 2016

HOPE AT DEATH?


HOPE AT DEATH?

When facing death in 1997, philosopher ISAIAH BERLIN, the renowned British scholar, had this to say: “I’M AFRAID OF DYING FOR IT COULD BE PAINFUL. BUT I FIND DEATH A NUISANCE. I OBJECT TO IT…I’M TERRIBLY CURIOUS. I’D LIKE TO LIVE FOREVER.”

In utter contrast THE APOSTLE PAUL declared: “Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:). WE ARE CONFIDENT, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:6-8). For the Christian sudden death is sudden glory!

What, or WHO, makes the difference? THE LORD JESUS CHRIST! THE SON OF GOD, stated so very clearly, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26).


Berlin says, “I’d like to live forever.” Jesus declares, “everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.” He is the only One who can make this promise because, after paying for our sins on the cross, He Himself rose victoriously from the grave.

- Dick D. Christen