The Bible tells Christians that the battle is not their's but the Lord's. (In the days of King Jehoshaphat many enemies ganged up on God's people. God reassured His own that they should not be afraid nor dismayed "FOR THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS, BUT GOD'S" - 2 Chron. 20:15). Such a reminder does not excuse us from due diligence but it does keep us from attempting to do the work that only God can do. Proverbs 3:5 instructs us to trust in the Lord from the bottom of our hearts and not to lean on our own understanding, or, as paraphrased, not to try to figure everything out ourselves. It is most exhausting and frustrating when we try to play God, or go beyond our line of duty and venture into His realm. Perfectionists and controllers especially need to understand this. :-0
HERE ARE TEN WAY TO TELL IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST...
1. You are highly conscious and hyper-critical of mistakes.
2. You aim to be the best in everything you do, even if it is something that you are not interested in.
3. You spend copious amounts of time to perfect something even at the expense of your own well-being.
4. You set absolute ideals. There is only black and white, no grey.
5. You are your harshest critic. You beat yourself up over the smallest thing that goes wrong.
6. You mull over outcomes if they did not turn out as expected.
7. You are defensive towards criticism and have a fear of failure because they suggest imperfection.
8. You only care about achieving the end goal, paying no heed to the journey.
9. You have an all-or-nothing approach.
10. You are conscious of any situation which might give others the perception you are not perfect.