January 05, 2016
THINK AHEAD, BUT DON'T FORGET.......
THINK AHEAD, BUT DON’T FORGET!
It is wrong for Christians to obsess about the past, but this passage underscores certain behaviors we must remember to live out:
SO, REMEMBER TO….
1. KEEP PRACTICING CHARITY TOWARD BROTHERS IN CHRIST (Hebrews 13:1)
“Let brotherly love continue.”
2. KEEP EXTENDING HOSPITALITY TOWARD STRANGERS (v 2)
“Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.”
3. KEEP EXPRESSING EMPATHY TOWARD THE SUFFERING (v 3)
“Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.”
4. KEEP RESISTING IMMORALITY IN MATTERS SEXUAL (v 4)
“Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.”
5. KEEP LIVING CONTENTEDLY IN LIFE (vv 5,6)
“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
6. KEEP BEHAVING SUBMISSIVELY TOWARD LEADERSHIP (vv 7.17)
“Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation” (v7)
“Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” (v17)
7. KEEP TRUE DOCTRINALLY, IN THE FAITH (vv 8,9)
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.”
8. KEEP PRAYING INTERCESSIONALLY FOR OTHERS (vv 18,19)
“Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly. But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.” -rdc
Posted by MULLWITHME